Friday, February 06, 2009

Cloud nine...

There is a comfort in knowing that you are right in your decisions. Yesterday demo started... I think we are all glad it's done. But there was the stress of... what if the engineers who ex-ray ed the walls were wrong? What if we should have gone with the advice, pushing, of countless contractors, people in the know and others and just lived with it and built a pony wall on top of the old basement/foundation?

Thankfully we were right. It took less than 15 minutes to come down. The re-bar in the floor was as I said... just laying on top of the gravel with the "mud" poured over it. And there wasn't a thickened "ribbon" down the middle either. It took a total of 7 hours (give or take an hour) to re-excavate, demo, and remove the mess.

To add to the grandness of it all we have 60 degree weather with SUN and wind (good for the drying out of dirt mud). Big Boy George nursed his mummy and took a bottle from this mummy. I think Madeline has a few hurt feelings over me giving him a bottle and would like nothing better than to take her baby into the hills. :) She's so in love with him that he is wet from head to tail from Madeline giving him a "bath".

It's a good day.

OH funny thing happened last night. The USDA called and had questions about our dairy. The first question she asked was... Do you still live at such and such Rd in Suchandsuch? I was so tired and not in the mood to do this that I said "Well the last time I checked we did". I mean come on... they called a month ago for a report! How is a dairy going to move in less than a month! Oh at least I can laugh about.

No comments: