Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Just another day in Paradise

Well the weather is turning off cold, wet and nasty... some how I would prefer sun, sand and warmth. :) but that's me.

Tonight doing chores I got lost... I KNOW I KNOW... I've lived on this farm my whole life, and I know this ground like the back of my hand... but in my defense I couldn't see more than twenty feet in front of me with the tractor lights, the drizzle was coming down fairly hard, the wind was picking up and I was trying not to spike any of our many crazy cows. :) Any who I finally my way back home... when all else fails follow the crazy cows... :) the lights of the barn were aglow with a warm light, shelter for the many goats and baby calves.

One of our beef heifers had calved. Fava has had Faith. I think it's a timely F name... We had a Faith once before... I believe this would be Big Faith's great great grand-daughter. Not sure... Big Faith's mother was Charity, she was my baby... a huge black  half Holstein half Brahma baby... who grew up to be a huge black cow who even when she was 1500 pounds would still come up and eat corn silks and husks out of my hand and even "suck" my like a baby calf. :) I miss that ole cow. I can see her and feel that rough tongue on my skin. Since I believe all my animals will be with me in heaven, I know that she and all her calves are waiting for me along with all my other critters.

G'nite all... it's been a day... 

No comments: