Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Busy busy busy and canning recipe

So I've been kinda busy here... you know... canning, chores, errands, blah blah blah... and then some fun stuff like sewing and doing embroidery... well I'm trying my hand at that anyway.

It's hard to believe that it's apple time again. In some ways it makes me want to just cry... I'm not ready for summer to be over with and done. sniffle and a boo hoo...

Canning Recipe

Fruit Cocktail

6 c. Peaches in large chunks (peeled of course)
3 c. Pears in large chunks (peeled)
2 c. seedless grapes
1 c. maraschino cherries, halved
2 c. water
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. honey
Fruit fresh

Mix peaches, pears, and grapes together in a stock pot. Next in a separate pan mix the water, sugar, and honey, bring to a boil. Next pour boiling mixture over fruit., bring to a boil again and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in cherries and keep on a low flame while pouring into your pint jars. Top with your lids and bands. Tighten down and your done. You can water bath them if you want. I've never had a problem though.

Also I think you could do ANY fruit combo you wanted. I've never tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

No comments: