Saturday, August 07, 2010

Oh Hughesnet

I'm going to use this time to complain... WHY can't tech support people be in the country that you live? Would this really be such a big deal? That you could understand what they are saying and they could understand your point?

Case in point!!!! Our internet was down... again... called tech support... automated system... blah blah blah... are you sure there is nothing obstructing your dish such as snow or ice (it's 101 degrees out... I wish!), have your tried unplugging, waiting, and plugging the power supply back in... if not please try... this will take 15-45 seconds (every two seconds it asks... are you finished? are you finished are you finished? ARGH!!!!!!!!) FINALLY I get to talk to a real live person somewhere in the middle east... He asked... are you sure you unplugged, waited, and plugged back in... over and over and over. :-/ then it was I'll do a test... OK! Yes there is a problem... NOOOOO (I didn't say that but I really really wanted to). I was told with in 2 day someone would call and set up the appointment to fix the thing.

Well two days came and went, I called back and was not happy, needless to say neither was the guy in that far off county... Finally though the guy did manage to call... they had given him the wrong number! Thankfully he was up in the area AND got it fixed in less than 45 minutes. :) So life is back to it's normal abnormal routine.

Farm wise... it's been HOT... right now we are in a 3 day cool down before heading back into the sauna next week. Both woMAN and beasts are enjoying it.
thankfully we got a rain and I'm hoping it will get the grass growing. We won't talk about the weeds... Weeds are the devil and the devil is bad... :)

Goats seem happy being their silly selves, the calves are becoming like the goats... grrr, and I've got two problem cases with calves... this is VERY frustrating and even the vets aren't much help. SO I'm on my own...

I leave you with pictures of our pair of garden bunnies.... aren't they sweet?! :)


No comments: