Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Pride goeth before a flat...

Ya know there are just days when all is going well for the most part, rocky start of a morning, rain off and on, mom and I got an errand ran.

And then... all I wanted to do this evening was to go to wally world, buy a piece of poster board, come home, work on a project, watch a little TV, make some popcorn... enjoy life. HA! It went more like... ding ding ding... check tire pressure, ding ding ding... grrrrrr. So I made it to a local hotel, called home since I didn't take my cell... after all who would need one just 4 miles from... ME! that's who... ARGH! The girl at the front was very sweet, and asked if I had a spare, I did but I didn't know how to get it off and I just wasn't up to changing a flat, in the dark and on a incline. So she piped up and said... We've got lots of construction guys staying I'll call one of them... NO said I... Yes... there was some pride involved... maybe a lot... I don't know.

So I in turn called my aunt and uncle... did they answer their phone? NO... called home... and my grandmother came and picked me up and then we headed over to AL and UL. Where there was a discussion, if you could call it that on the size of a twin flat sheet... that led to several twin sheets being pulled out and measured. It was a hoot... UL and I were Switzerland... blessedly neutral.  

No comments: